The Course Selection process begins in February each year and concludes when students receive their schedules in the summer.
- Counselors travel to EHMIS in February to discuss high school course scheduling with students in 8th grade.
- Students in grades 9 -11 view their scheduling video in advisory during the month of February.
- Students in grades 9 -11 select their classes online via the Portal in early March.
- Counselors schedule individual meetings with each student in grades 9-11 during the months of March and April. At these meetings, counselors will review each student’s online course selections, answer questions, make adjustments, and finalize course requests.
- Schedules are finalized in the summer and hard-copies of schedules are mailed to student homes.
- There will be a brief window each summer for students to request schedule changes. Changes are usually very limited.
- All students should carefully consider their post-secondary plans when selecting courses for the upcoming school year. Use these resources to get a head start on your planning: search by career interest, college major, or college to discover requirements for each.
- Students may also find helpful information by logging into their Career Cruising accounts.