South Western School District requires that each student register before attending a district school. At the registration, the child’s parent/guardian must present the following items required at the time of enrollment:
- Birth Certificate Copy
- Proof of residency to show Secretary (Examples: Copy of utility bill, lease or rental agreement, settlement contract, driver’s license) If you are neither purchasing nor renting a home, but living with another family or friends in our district, you and the district resident will need to sign a Parental/Residency Statement. Also a Wage Tax Enrollment Form must be completed by you and the district resident, which must be submitted by our office to the local Wage Tax Office.
- If the student will not be living with a natural parent, but will be living with a guardian, the enrollment can not be completed until a notarized Affidavit of Residency form is returned and reviewed by the Superintendent. The form is available from our school office.
- Name and address of the school previously attended
- Immunization Record*
- Current School Schedule*
- Current Grades (withdrawal grades) and/or last report card*
- If High School Student Transcripts showing credits earned and school’s grading scale*
- If the student has an IEP (for learning support, emotional support, or gifted), a copy of this documentation is necessary for correct placement. Also, copies of any testing that may have been completed would be helpful.*
*Indicates items which should be given to you from the previous school district.
The school health laws of Pennsylvania require that all students be completely immunized against the following diseases (minimum dosage requirements): Diphtheria-Tetanus (4) 4th dose given on or after the fourth birthday, Poliomyelitis (3), Hepatitis (3), Measles (2), Mumps (2), Rubella (2) and Varicella (Chickenpox-2). A complete written record stating the day, month and year of the child’s immunization must be presented before children are allowed to enter school.