The following guidelines are provided for your reference and to ensure that proper use of school facilities occurs. The South Western School District community takes great pride in its school facilities and desires that all organizations using the schools will do so with the utmost care and respect.
Guidelines for Use of School Facilities
- At least one adult supervisor must be present for the duration of the usage.
- Participants must be confined to the area requested.
- Before leaving the building, supervisors should check lavatories and turn lights off.
- The appropriate entrance to and exit from the building should be agreed upon between the supervisor and building principal at the time when usage arrangements are made. Supervisors should check to be certain the exit door is securely closed when they leave the building.
- In essence, the requested area should be left in the same conditions as it was found.
- Parking is not allowed on playground areas, paved and unpaved, or any other grass area.
- If a regular school activity is planned for the time of usage, participants should park their cars along the street rather than on school parking lots (Park Hills and Baresville only).
- There shall be no one in kitchen areas, without prior approval from the school districts Supervisor of Food Service.
- Use of indoor and outdoor facilities at all schools should be submitted, allowing thirty (30) days for processing and using the SWSD Facility Request Application, to the office of Mr. Nathan Osborne, Director of School Facilities, at firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: email@example.com or at the District Administration Office, 225 Bowman Road, Hanover, PA 17331.
- Any problems relative to the condition of the school facilities should be reported directly to the custodian on duty. Should a problem develop and neither a custodian nor the building principal are available, please contact Nathan Osborne (717-353-0908).
Remember: Please bear in mind, per board policy, in may take up to thirty (30) to process facility requests; please plan accordingly. Per board policy, the district will not be responsible for timely responses to requests received on shorter notice. The Board will not allow retroactive approvals.